These lil frittata bites are perfect for any brunch event (fancy or chill) OR can be made ahead and used as grab-and-go breakfasts for the week. You can mix up the fillings as much as you like according to whatever is in your fridge.
I made two versions of these lil guys:
Chive & Goat Cheese
Spinach, Onion & Sage
Eggs are one of my absolute favorite foods. Not only are they delicious, they are little powerhouses of filling protein and fat to help get you through the day:
- They are filled with lean protein and all the essential amino acids which are needed to regulate your mood, energy, and muscle building
- They are packed with all the B vitamins which are necessary for energy production
- They contain healthy fats like omega 6 and 3 which we need for brain function and to fight off inflammation!
- They have zero effect on blood sugar and actually help to balance it by keeping you sustained for longer periods of time (thank you, protein and fat!)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 10 pastured eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Sea salt
- cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbsp chives, chopped
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh sage, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease 12 muffin tins with olive or avocado oil or line them with muffin liners. Set aside
- In a small pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped 1/2 onion and sauté for 5-10 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and almond milk together, incorporating as much air into the mixture as possible to make it fluffy. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture evenly into the 12 prepared muffin tins.
- FOR THE FIRST VERSION: crumble some goat cheese and sprinkle some chives into 6 of the muffin tins
- FOR THE SECOND VERSION: add some of the sautéed onion, the chopped spinach and chopped sage to each.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until eggs are set in the middle. Store in the fridge for up to 5 days or serve for brunch!