Today I started the Candida Diet…Which means ZERO sugar for a v long time. Of course, that also means that yesterday I had to get my sugar fix in.
These Easy Banana Almond Butter Oat Squares are one of the easiest recipes I’ve ever created. They took all of 3 minutes to mix together and 25 minutes to bake! I dont know about you, but I consider it a win when any dessert only takes 3 minutes of prep-work.
These are packed with fibre from oats, healthy fats and protein from almond butter, potassium from bananas, some more fibre and fats from flax seeds and are sweetened up with a little bit of maple syrup! Completely refined sugar and grain free, dairy free and naturally gluten free! Most importantly, they are also delicious. I hope you enjoy! (for the both of us!)
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup smooth almond butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup oats
- 1/4 cup ground flax seeds
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 350F and line an 8″ by 8″ dish with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the mashed bananas, almond butter and maple syrup.
- in a food processor or blender, blend the oats to create an oat flour. It does not need to be superfine, if some pieces are still large that’s okay.
- Add the oats to the wet ingredients along with the ground flax seeds and stir to combine.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan, spread into an even layer and bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle dark chocolate overtop and let it melt. Spread with a spatula over the top and sprinkle with almonds.
- Let cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting into squares. enjoy!