I love wraps. Love love love em. If I could eat wraps for every meal I would. I am the wrap queen, if you will. (Get it? Like trap queen…but wrap queen….ok. Sorry.)
But seriously who doesn’t love sandwich toppings?! Obviously the toppings/fillings are the best part. Wraps are perfect because you get all those goodies without spillage. Also, you avoid sauce dripping all over your hands which (for those of you that know) I CANNOT STAND. Just thinking about it makes me feel all weird inside. Enough about this.
These wraps are a healthified version of a chicken caesar salad wrap. They are dairy free, gluten free, and are wrapped in pretty little rice paper rolls! I love the combination of tangy garlicky dressing with grilled chicken and lots of lemon. These are an absolute win for school/work lunches or even appetizers for a party!
Part of the reason why I love this recipe so much is, drumroll please… GARLIC!
Garlic is an absolute superfood.
- Garlic is part of the onion family and contains a property called allicin which helps with high blood pressure, has anti-microbial effects and is a potent antioxidant!
- Garlic (especially fresh garlic) contains powerful immune-boosting properties. Research has shown that supplementing with garlic reduced the risk of patients getting a common cold by 63% compared to a placebo group!
- Garlic is super heart-healthy due to its antioxidant properties and its ability to lower blood pressure. It has been used for hundreds of years as one of the oldest performance enhancing substances for adults. Got a big training session coming up? Make this dressing!
Also, I feel the need to point out that while the anchovies ARE optional in this dressing, it is delicious when they are included. First off, you don’t taste the fishiness at all and secondly, because anchovies are some of the healthiest fish out there. They are small and oily so they contain LOTS of anti-inflammatory omega 3 fats and are low in toxins (like mercury) because they don’t bioaccumulate. Enjoy!
- 10 rice paper wraps
- 2 organic chicken breasts, sliced into thin strips
- avocado oil
- pink himalayan salt
- cracked black pepper
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, chopped.
- DRESSING: Originally from my recipe healthified caesar salad
- 3 cloves garlic
- 6 anchovies (optional)
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- ½ cup olive oil
- juice from 1 1/2 lemons (reserve other 1/2 for serving)
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp sea salt
- cracked black pepper
- In a blender, blitz all ingredients for the salad dressing until smooth and creamy. Pour 1/2 cup of the dressing over the chopped romaine. Toss to combine. Add more dressing if desired and toss again. Set aside.
- Heat a small amount of avocado oil in a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Season the chicken strips with some pink salt and pepper. Place the strips into the pan and cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes each side or until cooked through. Once cooked, transfer to a plate.
- Fill a shallow bowl with luke-warm water. One at a time, dip the rice paper wraps into the water until they become slightly pliable (10-20 seconds)
- Lay the damn rice paper wrap flat, fill the bottom edge with 1-2 chicken slices and a handful of the caesar salad. Roll up the bottom edge first. Next, roll in both the sides. Finally, continue to roll the up the wrap until the top edge. Press to seal and set aside. Continue one by one until all wraps are done.
- Serve with the remaining 1/2 lemon cut into wedges. Enjoy!