Creamy Cashew Tigernut Milk (Three Ways)
• 1/2 cup raw cashews
• 1/2 cup tigernuts
• 1/4 cup coconut chips / flaked coconut
• 4 cups filtered water
• 2 dates (optional)
• 1 tsp matcha powder
• 1 tsp blue matcha powder
- In a large bowl, add the cashews, tigernuts and coconut chips. Cover with water and let soak in the fridge for at least 3 hours (or overnight)
- Drain the water and discard it. Add the soaked nuts and coconut to a high speed blender and pour 4 cups filtered water overtop. Add the dates if using.
- Blend on high for 2-3 minutes. Using a nutmilk bag or cheese cloth, strain the pulp out so that you are left with thick and creamy milk.
- To flavour the milk, add 1 tsp matcha powder or blue matcha powder into 1 cup of the milk and blend until combined. Serve and enjoy!